Terms and conditions
These terms and conditions (the “Terms”) shall apply to your purchase of any Course from us.
Please ensure that you read and accept these Terms prior to submitting an Order.
- “Course” means the training course offered by us and purchased by you;
- “Delegate” means the person who will be attending the Course;
- “Fee” means the price payable for the Course and/or the Materials;
- “Materials” means the documents which accompany or supplement a Course;
- “Order” means your request to purchase a Course;
- “Trade Marks” means all name, marks, symbols and logos from time to time owned by, registered by or licensed to us, including without limitation “Reed Business School”.
- “we/us/our” refers to Reed Business School Limited, having its registered office at The Manor, Little Compton, Moreton-in-Marsh, Gloucestershire GL56 0RZ;
- “Website” means www.reedbusinessschool.co.uk, or any other website we may designate from time to time;
- “you/your” refers to the Delegate and/or the person or organisation which has purchased the Course on behalf of the Delegate, as the case may be.
- By making an Order, you agree that you have read, understood and accepted these Terms.
- When you submit an Order to us, this does not mean that we have accepted or will accept your Order. Our acceptance of your Order will only take place when we issue you with a written acceptance of the Order by confirming a place for you at the relevant Course, at which point a legally binding contract will come into existence between you and us. If, for any reason, we are unable to accept your Order, we will inform you of this and we will not process the Order.
- Orders must be accompanied by full payment of the Fee or your employer’s authorisation to be invoiced for the Fee.
- Where an instalment plan payment has been requested, each payment must be paid no later than 15 working days before the start of each course or within the due date specified on our invoice, whichever is sooner. A schedule of the instalment payment plan with payment terms will be provided with the initial invoice. Valid Debit/Credit card details must be provided in order to pay by instalments.
- Where your employer has agreed to pay the Fee, full payment is due no later than 15 working days before the Course start date or within the due date specified on our invoice, whichever is sooner. Orders made within 15 working days of the Course start date shall require immediate payment.
- If we do not receive the Fee in accordance with these Terms, we reserve the right to refuse you access to the Course.
- In the event of late payment of the Fee, we reserve the right to charge interest on all outstanding sums at the rate of 5% above the Bank of England’s base rate per annum accruing daily from the last date that payment was due until the date that payment is made.
- You acknowledge and agree that you will not be entitled to make any claim or bring legal proceedings in respect of any refund, credit note, overpayment or other repayment, howsoever arising, 4 years after the date on which the relevant payment was made.
- VAT shall be payable on all Fees at the prevailing rate.
Courses and Ancillary Services
- Subject to clauses 2.2 and 7.1, we shall provide the Course purchased by you at the agreed time and location. It is your responsibility to satisfy yourself of the Course’s suitability for your needs.
- You may purchase additional Materials relevant to your Course by submitting an Order. A contract will only be made upon our confirmation that we will deliver the Materials. Payment in full of the Fee for the Materials must be made before we will deliver.
- We reserve the right to sub-contract the delivery of the Course and/ or the performance of any ancillary services without prior notice. Subcontracting will not relieve us of our obligations under the Terms.
- We reserve the right to amend, substitute, modify and/or improve the content, format or delivery of any Course (in whole or in part) from time to time. Reasons for this may include (without limitation) changes to qualifications made by appropriate certifying bodies, and ongoing improvements or efficiencies which may be required by us. Such changes may be made without your prior consent.
- We reserve the right to suspend any web-related services (including but not limited to the Website) without prior notice.
- We do not guarantee that the Website is free of defects, viruses or other malware. It is your responsibility to use up to date anti-virus software and/ or other appropriate measures to protect your security online.
- You are responsible for the safe keeping of any user IDs and passwords (“Login Details”). You shall be liable for all Orders made using your Login Details. You should notify us immediately if your Login Details have been compromised.
Registration and Reporting
- We are not responsible for registering Delegates with any professional body. We will register the Delegate only for computer based exams held by us at our premises, provided the Delegate has registered with the relevant professional body.
- Written reports on the Delegate’s progress may be sent to the Delegate’s employer at the employer’s request.
- If a Delegate has booked onto an ACCA or CIMA course, the Delegate agrees, or the employer shall procure that the Delegate agrees, to us submitting to ACCA or CIMA (as appropriate) the Delegate’s date of birth, ACCA/CIMA registration number, and details of the Course(s) attended, in order for the Delegate’s exam results to be released to us for statistical purposes only, which will remain strictly confidential.
- If the delegate has applied and been granted an exemption, and subsequently choses to sit the exam, the delegate must communicate in writing to us no less than 14 days prior to the scheduled exam date of this intention.
Your Right to Cancel, Defer, or Transfer
- If you are a consumer, you have a statutory right to cancel any contract entered into under these Terms in accordance with the statutory Cancellation Policy, however, Materials may not be cancelled and returned if they are audio or video recordings or software and the seal in the wrapping has been broken.
- In addition to any statutory right to cancel, you may cancel an Order subject to a cancellation fee of either:
- £100 + VAT if cancelled more than 15 working days before the Course start date, or
- 100% of the Fee + VAT if cancelled 15 working days or less before the Course start date.
- Any request to defer your Course or transfer to another Course will be subject to our approval in our absolute and sole discretion. If such request is made 15 working days or less before the Course start date, you may incur an additional fee.
- Should you wish to defer or transfer:
- if the deferred or new Course is of equal or lesser value, no refund will be given;
- if the deferred or new Course is of greater value, you will need to pay the balance.
- Notice of Course cancellation, deferral or transfer should be sent in accordance with clause 11.2.
- For Apprentices who are withdrawn from an Apprenticeship program before it has been completed, any applicable refund of the employers contribution will be at the discretion of Reed Business School.
Termination or Cancellation by Us
- We reserve the right to cancel, reschedule or change the location of your Course at any time. In these circumstances, you will be offered a refund of any amount you have already paid towards the Fee. We will not be liable for any expenses incurred by you unless the Course has been cancelled within 7 working days of the Course start date, when we will refund to you a maximum of £100 + VAT upon your production of original expense receipts.
- We may terminate this contract with immediate effect and without liability to refund you if:
- You are in breach of these Terms and such breach is incapable of remedy or you have failed to remedy such breach within 7 days of notification; or
- In our reasonable opinion, you are abusing the Course, Materials and/ or the Website or acting in any way which interferes with our intellectual property rights or damages our reputation.
- In the event of termination or cancellation (other than under clause 6.1), you shall upon demand return all Materials which have not been paid for within 7 days.
- We will not be liable to you for any claims, liabilities, losses, damages, costs, expenses, fines and/or penalties unless they are caused directly by our negligence and/or breach of these Terms.
- Subject to clause 8.4 below, we shall not be liable to you for any (a) loss of profit, revenue, business, opportunity, goodwill, interest or savings, whether direct or indirect, howsoever arising, (b) for any consequential, economic, indirect or special loss howsoever arising.
- Subject to clause 8.4 below, under no circumstances shall our liability to you (whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty or otherwise) exceed the Fee.
- Neither party shall exclude or limit their liability to the other for (a) death or personal injury caused by negligence, (b) fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation, or (c) any other liability which by law cannot be excluded or limited.
- Neither party shall be liable for any failure or delay in performing their obligations under these Terms if such failure or delay was caused by any event outside that party’s reasonable control.
- We will use any personal data (Data Protection Law means the UK GDPR as defined in section 3(10) (as supplemented by section 205(4)) of the Data Protection Act 2018, and any national laws or regulations implementing or constituting a replacement or successor data protection regime to that governed by the UK GDPR (including the Data Protection Act 2018) collected during the course of your dealings with us in accordance with UK data protection legislation and our Privacy Statement (as set out on our website).
How we may use your personal information
- How we will use your personal information. We will use the personal information you provide to us:
- To supply a Course to you;
- To process your payment for a Course;
- To book an exam on your behalf if applicable; and
- If you agreed to this during the enrolment process, to inform you about similar Courses that we provide, but you may stop receiving these at any time by contacting us.
- We may share your personal information:
- If you are a sponsored student, we will share your data, course attendance and test results with your employer or any other party responsible for paying your fees.
- With any one of ACCA, CIMA and ICAEW as the relevant professional body for your Course.
- With other companies or organisations we have hired to perform services on our behalf including, without limitation, training services, carrying out market research, facilitating some aspects of our site and services, managing our database, contacting you, sending e-mail and fulfilling your requests. These other companies may be supplied with or have access to your personal data solely for the purpose of providing these services to us or on our behalf. We are the data controller and will remain accountable for the personal information.
- We may disclose personal information, as permitted or required by law, and to: (i) respond to inquiries or requests from governmental or public authorities (ii) protect our rights, privacy, safety or property (iii) permit us to pursue available remedies or limit damages that we may sustain; and (iv) enforce our agreements, including without limitation our enrolment terms and conditions.
- As an accredited ACCA Platinum Approved Learning Provider, our pass rates are audited by ACCA. Your ACCA registration number and DOB are provided to ACCA for these purposes. Information is confidential and used for statistical purposes only.
- How we will use your personal information. We will use the personal information you provide to us:
- If you have any queries about your Course/Order or wish to make a complaint, please contact us by email at email@example.com or by post to The Manor, Little Compton, Moreton-in-Marsh, Gloucestershire GL56 0RZ.
- Notices and other communications from you must be in writing and may be delivered by hand or sent by first class post or by email to the appropriate address in clause 10.1 above. Any notice or document shall be deemed served (a) if delivered by hand, at the time of delivery; (b) if posted, 2 working days after posting; or (c) if sent by email, at the time of acknowledgement by us.
- All complaints must be notified to us within 10 working days of the end of the Course.
- You agree to abide by all applicable laws, regulations, and codes of conduct and will ensure that your use of the Materials does not infringe upon the rights of others.
- All content made available to you (including without limitation our Website) belongs to us or our licensors (and may be subject to separate terms). Any access to, retrieval and/or display of such content is solely for your personal and non-commercial use. We or our licensors own the copyright and all other intellectual property rights associated with such content, save where otherwise stated.
- You acknowledge that we own the Trade Marks and that you may not use any of them without our prior written permission. You understand that other products, company names and logos mentioned or displayed in the Materials, Website or our other content may be the trade marks, service marks or trading names of third parties.
Code of Conduct
- You shall comply with all reasonable instructions or directions given by us in respect of the Courses, Materials, and our premises and property.
- You shall not do anything which adversely affects our rights and interests, including but not limited to:
- copying, reproducing, modifying, redistributing or in any way commercially exploiting the Courses, Materials, Website or other content (other than as allowed under these Terms);
- damaging, interfering with or disrupting access to our Website or electronic services or doing anything which may interrupt or impair their functionality;
- making available, uploading, or distributing by any means any material or files that contain any viruses, bugs, corrupt data or any other harmful software;
- falsifying the true ownership of the Courses, Materials, Website and other content;
- obtaining or attempting to obtain unauthorised access, through whatever means, to the Courses, Website, our services, computer systems, or network, or those belonging to any of our partner organisations;
- setting up links from any website controlled by you to our Website or our services or other content, without our express written permission.
- From time to time, we may offer certain special offers and/or discounts on our Website. All offers and discounts are made at our discretion and can be withdrawn by us at any time, for any reason and without prior notice.
- Offers and discounts only apply in the stated period to the stated products.
- Offers and discounts cannot be applied retrospectively to Courses/ Materials already ordered. You cannot cancel or defer a Course or transfer to another Course in order to take advantage of a special offer or discount.
- Offers and discounts cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer or discount unless specifically stated otherwise.
Other Important Terms
- These Terms shall be subject to the laws of England and Wales and the parties submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
- Each provision of these Terms is severable and distinct from the others. If a provision of these Terms is held to be or becomes illegal, invalid or unenforceable in any respect by a court or relevant authority of competent jurisdiction, it shall to that extent be deemed not to form part of these Terms but this shall not affect the legality, validity or enforceability of the remainder of these Terms which shall continue in full force and effect.
- If either party does not exercise any right or remedy under these Terms, this will not be taken to mean that such right or remedy has been waived.
- A person who is not a party to this contract shall have no right under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 to enforce any of the Terms. For the avoidance of doubt, where a person or organisation has purchased the Course on behalf of a Delegate, such person /organisation shall be a party to this contract and shall be responsible for ensuring compliance by the Delegate(s) with these Terms.
- You may not transfer your rights or obligations under these Terms to anyone else unless we have given permission in writing. For the avoidance of doubt, this includes substitution of Delegates.
- The Courses and Materials provided by us do not constitute and cannot be relied upon for legal advice. You should consult a solicitor for legal advice. Neither we nor our employees, trainers or consultants accept responsibility for your actions or losses, or those of third parties with access to the Courses and/or Materials, as a result of reliance on the Courses and/or Materials as legal advice.
- Visa applications: it is the full responsibility of the student to comply with any visa requirements.
Right to Cancel
You have the right to cancel a contract entered into under the Terms (“Contract”) within 14 days without giving any reason.
The cancellation period will expire after 14 days from the day (i) of our acceptance of your Order, for purchased Courses; or (ii) on which you, or a third party indicated by you (other than the carrier), acquire physical possession of the Materials, for purchased Materials.
To exercise the right to cancel, you must inform us of your decision to cancel by a clear statement (e.g. a letter sent by post, or an e-mail sent to firstname.lastname@example.org).
To meet the cancellation deadline, it is sufficient for you to send your communication concerning your exercise of the right to cancel before the cancellation period has expired.
Effects of cancellation
If you cancel a Contract, we will reimburse to you all payments received from you, including the costs of delivery (except for supplementary costs arising if you chose a type of delivery other than the least expensive type of standard delivery offered by us).
We may take a deduction from the reimbursement for loss in value of any goods supplied, if the loss is the result of unnecessary handling by you.
We will make the reimbursement without undue delay, and not later than:
- 14 days after the day we receive back from you any goods supplied, or
- (if earlier) 14 days after the day you provide evidence that you have returned the good, or
- if there were no goods supplied, 14 days after the day on which we are informed about your decision to cancel the Contract.
We will make the reimbursement using the same means of payment as you used for the initial transaction, unless you have expressly agreed otherwise; in any event, you will not incur any fees as a result of the reimbursement. We may withhold reimbursement until we have received the good back or you have supplied evidence of having back the good, whichever is earliest.
You shall send back the good to Reed Business School, The Manor, Little Compton, Moreton-in-March, Gloucestershire GL56 0R without undue delay and in any event, not later than 14 days from the day on which you communicate your cancellation of the Contract to us. The deadline is met if you send back the goods before the period of 14 days has expired.
You will have to bear the direct cost of returning the goods. You are only liable for any diminished value of the goods resulting from the handling other than what is necessary to establish the nature, characteristics and functioning of the goods.
If you requested to begin performance of services during the cancellation period, you shall pay us an amount which is in proportion to what has been performed until you have communicated to us your cancellation of the Contract, in comparison with the full coverage of the Contract.